Wuthering Heights in Progress

This is my next embroidered tinted postcard in progress. Wuthering Heights is an image of Haworth Churchyard which is situated next to the Haworth Parsonage the Home of the Brontë Sisters. The inspiration for this postcard is the song Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush. The words on the postcard are the chorus to the song.

Heathcliff, its me, Cathy come home
I'm so cold, let me in-a-your window

I took the photo of the churchyard one evening about 7.30pm. I was expecting Pippa at the time and I couldn't walk very well, Andrew and Oscar had gone for a walk and I was sitting on a bench near the church sketching the church doorway waiting for them to come back. A couple walked past and smiled and looked at what I was doing and then walked off down a path that leads down to the village. Suddenly it seemed to go very quiet and I realised I was all alone sat in a churchyard. The light had started to dim and I began to feel a chill I have to say I felt the hairs on my neck go up! I turned to look at the parsonage and then across the gravestones. You could feel the echo's of the past, did I blink and see Emily and her sisters walking down the path to the church gate! No just a pregnant woman's imagination! I remember wishing Andrew and Oscar would hurry up and come back! 



Comments

Popular Posts